The Instructional Design for ELearning course covers the methodology, skills, and techniques necessary for developing effective eLearning solutions. This course provides the foundation for instructional development. In this course, you will
- Explore current theories, principles, methodologies, and techniques of online learning
- Create interactive eLearning solutions that meet your learners’ needs
- Gain strong knowledge and skills to design eLearning interactions that increase learning effectiveness and decrease costs
The course is divided into the following four sections:
- Basic Elements of Instructional Design
- Designing Instructionally Sound ELearning courses
- Interactive Elements in ELearning Courses, and
- Advancing Your Skills
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate your own eLearning courses
- Use various data-collection methods and techniques to conduct needs analysis for your eLearning courses
- Create design documents, storyboards and prototypes
- Develop effective assessment tools
- Design interactivity, games, simulations,job aids, and graphics
- Effectively collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Select appropriate eLearning tools
- Manage your eLearning projects effectively and efficiently using traditional and agile methodologies
- Design Web2.0 and Mobile Learning solutions
- Select appropriate performance improvement interventions
- Create your own eLearning portfolio
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and creativity related to eLearning instructional design
Who is the course for?
The Instructional Design for eLearning course will be useful for instructional designers at any level and of any professional experience. Whether you are an aspiring instructional designer looking for a career change, a novice instructional designer trying to learn the basics of eLearning course development, a seasoned instructional designer needing a refresher, or a human resources professional designing professional development training programs for employees, this course is for you!
What are the requirements?
None. Just come prepared to learn!
What are you going to get from this course?
Over 34 lectures and 6 hours of content! Videos, articles and templates are included in this course! With all these materials, you will find that you are able to build professional, instructionally sound eLearning courses in a short period of time!
As a bonus, there is an eBook about becoming a successful instructional designer. In this eBook, you will find information on creating your eLearning portfolio that you can use to showcase your skills to your perspective employer.
To your instructional design and eLearning success!